• EXPERIENCE MATTERS: With over 50-years combined lending experience, Joe and Eric Metzler are your VA home loan experts.

    When obtaining a VA home loan, you have to prove you are eligible. The document the VA uses to prove you are eligible is knows as the Certificate of Eligibility, or a COE.

    Your Certificate of Eligibility is a document issued by the Department of Veteran Affairs that determines:

    1. If you are eligible for a VA home loan
    2. How much VA entitlement you have (full or limited).
    3. If you are any VA disability payments, and if so, how much.
    4. If you are eligible for a VA funding Fee Waiver




    For most people, it is easy. We will get your Certificate of Eligibility for you as part of the loan application process without you having to do anything.

    On occasion, we are not able to obtain your Certificate of Eligibility, and will need your help to obtain it. This may be providing documents, like discharge papers, then we will submit the documents on your behalf.

    If we can not obtain it, we can also give you easy instruction on steps needed to obtain it, from phone numbers, and forms needed, to possible local addresses to pick it up personal for you to obtain it.

    Whichever way, we have you covered - so don't worry about looking for an old one, or think you need it before you start the application.

  • DD 214 Discharge Papers

    The DD Form 214 (member 4) serves as your proof of military service. In most cases, we do not need your discharge papers to help you get a VA loan. Sometimes we do, and if you do not have your DD214 form, you can request it from the National Personnel Records Center, using a Standard Form 180 (Request Pertaining to Military Records).

    Visit this web site to obtain your form 180:

    After you fill out your Standard Form 180 send it to:

    National Personnel Records Center (NPRC)
    Military Personnel Records
    9700 Page Avenue
    St. Louis, MO 63132-5100
    Web site: www.archives.gov/st-louis/

     The NPRC will send you your service record (DD Form 214) after processing your Standard Form 180.

  • VA Eligibility Centers:

  • If you live in one of the following states:

    Alabama, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vermont, Virginia or West Virginia

    Mail your VA Form 26-1880 and proof of military service to:

    VA Loan Eligibility Center
    PO Box 20729
    Winston-Salem, NC 27120
    Toll free number: 1-888-244-6711

  • If you live in one of the following states:

    Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Dakota, Texas, Utah, Washington, Wisconsin or Wyoming

    Mail your VA Form 26-1880 and proof of military service to:

    Los Angeles Eligibility Center
    P.O. Box 240097
    Los Angeles, CA 90024
    Toll free number: 1-888-487-1970